Do you want to become a doctor? Are you planning to pursue MBBS abroad from a reputed institution? To be a doctor, you will need to enroll in MBBS for which you will need to qualify NEET exam first. It is the National Eligibility Entrance Test that every MBBS aspirant must qualify to get enrolled in MBBS and BDS programs in Indian Universities as well as universities abroad. There are some universities abroad where you can enroll without appearing for NEET but still, most of the universities ask for NEET qualification.
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts this exam in India and sets up the NEET eligibility criteria. All NEET aspirants have to meet the criteria to be eligible for the test. The criteria emphasize various aspects like age, minimum marks, qualification, etc. The National Testing Agency has already released the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021.
It is recommended to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the test. Ineligible Candidates won’t be able to fill the application form hence cannot appear for the test.
Go through the detailed NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 if you wish to apply.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 Highlights
Find the complete details about the NEET eligibility criteria and check whether you match the criteria or not and start your preparation accordingly.
Age Limit for NEET 2021
The main concern about the NEET exam is regarding the age limit. Let’s make it very clear for the students with our sighted guide.
- The maximum age required to apply for the exam is 25 years as of 31st December of the year of admission for the General category.
- The minimum age required is 17 years as of 31st December of the year of admission for the candidates of all categories.
- Unreserved candidates have 30 years as the maximum age limit as of 31st December of the admission year.
Qualification for NEET 2021
The candidates who have passed 12th or appearing this year with recognized boards with the main subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, English can only apply for the NEET exam. Students should score the following marks to apply in NEET 2021.
|Category||Minimum % Required|
NEET Eligibility Criteria for All India Quota Seats
- 15% All India seats are reserved for Indian Nationals, Non-Residents Indians (NRI), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origines (PIO), and Foreign Nationals. To take admission through AIQ (All India Quota), students need to attend Online Counselling For NEET conducted by MCC.
- There will be two rounds conducted for Online Counseling. If any seat is left, it will be converted into State Quota.
- The merit list will have an equal number of names as AIQ. Waiting list candidates will be guided by directions of the DGHS (Director General of Health Services).
- Candidates from Telangana and Andra Pradesh can participate in 15% AIQ Counseling and will not be required to submit a self-declaration form.
- Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are still kept out from 15% AIQ and need to submit a self-declaration form online.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for State Quota Seats
The State medical council will prepare a list for counseling considering various factors. The norms for counseling will be as follows:
- Candidates must have completed or appeared in the 10th and 12th exams from the states.
- Aspirants must have valid address proof for domicile for the state.
- Admissions through State Quota seats will be recognized as reservation policy and eligibility criteria accepted in State and Union territories.
- To attend state counseling, students must contact the relevant state counseling authority for more information.
NEET Qualifying Examination Codes 2021
|Qualifying Codes||Details (students who have/students)|
|Code 01||appearing in 12th Boards|
|Code 02||with ICSE Board|
|Code 03||completed their 12th/pre-degree examination|
|Code 04||Completed their pre-professional and pre-medical examination|
|Code 05||Pursuing 3-degree course|
|Code 06||Qualified B.Sc Examination|
|Code 07||Qualified any other exam equivalent to 12th examination|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Number of Attempts
There have been no directions prescribed by the NTA on the number of attempts. Candidates can apply for NEET as many times as they want to.
Aspirants who need detailed guidelines regarding NEET, how to apply for NEET, after being qualified in NEET what is the process to apply for universities if you wish to study abroad then consult International Training and Consultant Services, the best overseas education consultants in Bangalore. They will guide you and help you to choose from the list of universities that are best to study MBBS in Russia, MBBS in the Philippines, MBBS in Germany, MBBS in China, MBBS in Bangladesh, and MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students. ITCS has the best consultants who are very well experienced in guiding students who wish to pursue a career in the medical field.